- Town Hall
- Planning & Inspections
- Financial Reports & Budgets
- Employment Opportunities
- Mayor & Council
- Meeting Agendas & Minutes
- Board Meeting Video Stream
- Payment Options
- Building Permits & Inspections
- New Resident Resources
- Frequently Called Numbers
- Contact Us
Next Regular Board Meeting Monday, January 6, 2020 - December 04, 2019
Our next Regular Board Meeting is scheduled for Monday, January 6, 2020 at 7:00 P.M. T... [more...]
Request of Qualifications US 117 NC 55 Interchange Clean Up
REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS
ANNOUNCED PURSUANT TO N.C. GEN. STAT.§ 143-64.31
FOR LANDSCAPING SERVICES TO REMOVE OVERGROWN VOLUNTEER VEGETATION AND PRUNE TREES AND SHRUBS THAT ARE TO REMAIN BASED ON DIRECTION OF TOWN OF MOUNT OLIVE STAFF
The Town of Mount Olive is requesting that qualified landscaping or land clearing firms submit qualifications with experience in landscaping and land clearing,
The vegetation in the Interchange at US 117 and NC Highway 55 in Mount Olive is overgrown with volunteer vegetation that is crowding out desirable trees and shrubs. The purpose of this project is to cut and clear all undesirable vegetation and trim and prune as necessary trees and shrubs selected by Town of Mount Olive staff to remain. All vegetation is to be removed from the site and disposed of by the contractor. Disposal costs should be included as part of the proposal.
SCOPE OF SERVICES
Cut and remove all vegetation as indicated by site visit. Prune and shape trees that are marked to remain.
The proposal shall include, at a minimum, the following elements:
- A summary of the bidding firm’s experience and qualifications
- A brief summary of similar projects the bidding firm has successfully completed
- References for similar projects completed within the past five (5) years
OTHER PROPOSAL REQUIREMENTS
- Detailed Timeline: Proposal should include a realistic time line for completion of the project
- Proof of Insurance and Disclosure of any Litigation: The firm shall provide proof of insurance with an original insurance certification naming the Town as additional insured if selected. In addition, the RFP should disclose and describe all publicly recorded legal actions stemming from performance of professional responsibilities in which the firm or individuals assigned to this project have been named. Specifically describe the outcome of all actions or declare the current status if litigation is pending.
- Preliminary Cost Proposal : Submissions should include total cost for the project based on project objective
- At a minimum, the information requested in this RFP shall be submitted and can include additional information if it will further qualify the approach and qualifications of the firm making the proposal.
2. Following the selection of the successful submitter, a turn-key scope of work including tasks, man-hours, fees and schedule will be negotiated and submitted to the Town for review and final approval.
- DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION OF PROPOSALS:
- interested firms should submit proposals no later than NOON on Wednesday, December 4, 2019. A site visit will be conducted on the same day at 2PM. Proposals shall be Mailed or Hand Delivered to:
Town of Mount Olive
114 E James Street
Mount Olive, NC 28365
Or emailed to:
Proposals received after the required deadline will not be accepted. Proposals will be awarded to the most qualified and responsible bidder(s). The Town of Mount Olive reserves the right to approve proposals, deny proposals, negotiate proposal or re-advertise for additional proposals for the project if deemed necessary by the Board of Commissioners or Town Manager. The Board of Commissioners and Town Staff reserve the right to interview any or all of the applicants to help aid in determining the most qualified firm. The Bidding requirements of the North Carolina General Statutes will be considered when reviewing and approving the final firm.
CONTACT, QUESTIONS AND CORRESPONDENCE
All contact, questions, and correspondence regarding the project and proposal shall be directed to the following:
Charles Brown, Town Manager
114 E. James Street
Mount Olive, NC 28365 NC
Note – All written correspondence and e-mails are considered public documents in the State of North Carolina.