- Town Hall
- Planning & Inspections
- Board Meeting Videos
- Financial Reports & Budgets
- Employment Opportunities
- Mayor & Council
- Meeting Agendas & Minutes
- Open Records
- Payment Options
- Building Permits & Inspections
- New Resident Resources
- Frequently Called Numbers
- Contact Us
Boo Bash Drive Thru 2020 Instead of Traditional Trick-or-Treating - October 08, 2020
BOO BASH DRIVE THRU SATURDAY, OCTOBER 31. 2020 DOWNTOWN 5PM TO 7PM AGES 12 & UNDER ENTER ... [more...]
Wayne County Early Voting Schedule - October 06, 2020
Public Notice Request for Qualifications for Engineering Services
REQUEST FOR QUALIFICATIONS FOR ENGINEERING SERVICES
2020 CDBG-INFRASTRUCTURE PROGRAM
The Town of Mount Olive is seeking assistance for engineering services needed to prepare an application for FY 2020/2021 North Carolina Community Development Block Grant – Infrastructure (NC CDBG-I) Program funds and subsequent implementation of that program, if funded by the state. The type of project involved is replacement of deteriorated sewer lines.
The Town of Mount Olive is soliciting requests for qualifications for professional engineering services to assist the Town in both a) assisting with preparation of grant application and b) subsequent engineering services, including developing a final engineering report, design and bid package services, and construction inspection services of the project, if funded, in compliance with all applicable federal requirements and regulations under the CDBG program. Payment terms will be negotiated with the selected firm. There will be two contracts for engineering services; one for grant preparation services and the second to be executed if grant application is awarded.
Scope of Work:
Engineering services shall include, but are not limited to:
- Assist with the preparation of the application package, including cost estimates and scope of work to be accomplished.
- Implementation of the proposed project in conformance with the CDBG-I program and NCDEQ compliance areas:
- Preparing and getting approval of the engineering report prior to the Release of Funds
- Preparing and getting approval the final design and construction bid package in conformance with applicable regulations and requirements;
- Supervising the bid advertising, tabulation, and award process, including preparing the advertisements for bid solicitations, conducting pre-bid meeting, conducting bid opening, and issuing the notice to proceed;
- Conducting the pre-construction conference;
- Surveying, field staking, on-site supervising of construction work, and preparing inspection reports;
- Reviewing and approving all contractor requests for payment, change orders, and submitting approved requests to the governing body;
- Providing reproducible plan drawings to the Town/City/County upon project completion;
- Conducting final inspection and testing; Submitting certified “as-built” drawings to appropriate authorities; and
- Preparing an operation and maintenance manual (if applicable).
RFQ submissions provided to the Town must include at a minimum:
- Individual or Firm Information: firm’s legal name, address, email, and telephone number, the principal(s) of the firm and their experience and qualifications;
- Water/Wastewater Experience: The specialized experience and technical competence of the staff to be assigned to the project with respect to water / wastewater improvements or related work, description of firm’s prior experience, including any similar projects (those funded by CDBG-I), size of community, location, total construction cost, and names of local officials knowledgeable regarding the firm’s performance on related work. Include at least five references within the past five years;
- Firm Capacity and Capability: The capacity and capability of the firm to perform the work in question, including specialized services, within the period of the grant, the past record of performance of the firm with respect to such factors as control of costs, quality of work, and ability to meet schedules; description of firm’s current work activities, capability of carrying out all aspects of CDBG-I related activities, and firm’s anticipated availability during the term of the project;
- The proposed work plan and schedule for activities to be performed; and
- Documentation of compliance with state and federal debarment/eligibility requirements.
Qualification Evaluation Criteria:
Submissions will be evaluated by a Selection Committee. Proposals will be considered on an equal competitive basis. The following criteria will be used in the evaluation process:
- Qualifications, Competence and Reputation of Firm and Personnel 20 points
- Firm’s Capability to Meet Time and Project Budget Requirements 20 points
- Present and Project Workload of Firm 20 points
- Related Experience on Similar CDBG projects 25 points
- Recent and Current Work for the Town 12 points
- Qualifications as a Section 3 Business 3 points
Upon completion of the review, the Committee will make its recommendation to the Town Board of Commissioners for approval to negotiate a contract price(s).
Once the most qualified firm is selected, a cost for grant application preparation will be negotiated separately from the remaining engineering services. Contracting for these two activities shall occur separately and costs/payments associated with each will be clearly defined. Contract executed for engineering design/bid package and construction inspection services shall be contingent upon receiving a CDBG-I award for the proposed project.
The above information should be submitted no later than October 28, 2020 at 11:00 am to Jammie Royall, Interim Town Manager, located at Town Hall, 114 E. James St. / P. O. Box 939, Mount Olive, NC 28365. For more information, contact Jammie Royall at 919-658-9539.
The Town of Mount Olive is an Equal Opportunity Employer and invites the submission of proposals from small and minority and women-owned firms, historically underutilized businesses, and certified/registered Section 3 businesses concerns. Section 3 applies if the contract is over $100,000 for non-construction contracts.
This information is available in Spanish or any other language upon request. Please contact Jammie Royall at 919-658-9539 or at Town Hall, 114 E. James St. Mount Olive, NC for accommodations for this request.
“Esta información está disponible en español o en cualquier otro idioma bajo petición. Por favor, póngase en contacto con Jammie Royall al 919-658-9539 o en Town Hall, 114 E. James St. Mount Olive, NC de alojamiento para esta solicitud.
Date: _September 29, 2020_ Authorized Representative: _Jammie Royall, Interim Town Manager